Monday, July 11, 2016

jada's new room

As I mentioned in a previous post, Jada got a new bed. And because she got a new bed, it led to her getting a new room makeover. Only because I just love that kind of thing and I just couldn't help myself.

As I mentioned in the last post, we modified and painted an old headboard that we found for twenty bucks a few years ago. I found a super-cheap, simple bed set. We also switched Kaiden and Jada's dresser. Kaiden had an old dresser we were given before Jada was born and Jada was using a large wooden dresser that Dan made when Kaiden was born. Kaiden now has the nice, wooden dresser that Dan built and I repainted Kaiden's old dresser white, for Jada and spray painted the drawer pulls gold. The wall color remained the same and I reused the picture frames she already had on her wall. I just printed off some free printables from Pinterest and replaced the pictures in the frames. We used a small table Dan had built for a class in his college days for her night stand.
Dan used this rough-sawn wood he had lying around and turned this

into this:


Which is a desk for a little nook in the bedroom where we used to have a bookcase. He also made some bookshelves with the same material. And for the desk chair, we used a chair that I had bought at a flea market a few years ago and just put new fabric on the seat.

This is what it looked like before:


And this is what it looks like after:










No comments: